Midland Hotel, Bradford
Forster Suite7pm for 7.30pm, meeting in Spirit of Bradford Bar (turn immediate left on entering the hotel).
Dress code: tie for gentlemen, dress for ladies is preferred, but smart-causal will suffice.
Guest speaker: David Conn of the Guardian
Two course dinner £18 per person
Choices must be pre-booked (and received the week prior to the dinner) from the following:
- Ham hock terrine, Yorkshire piccalilli, olive bread
- Chicken and Asparagus Salad finished with golden Croutons and Caesar dressing
- Yorkshire goats Cheese Tart, Red Onion Chutney, sun blush tomato bread (v)
- Pan Fried Chicken breast with Lemon & Herb wrapped in Parma ham, Served with a White Wine Chervil Sauce
- Fillet of Lemon Sole seared Spinach finished with Grapes and Chardonnay Sauce
- Wild Mushroom and Asparagus Crepes, flavoured with a rich Yorkshire Blue Cheese sauce (v)
Toasts will be made to the great team of 1911. Our guest speaker will be the Guardian’s David Conn. Well known for his investigative journalism into football’s finances, his latest book, Richer than God, tells the story of Sheik Mansour’s arrival at Manchester City and its impact on English football.
Spaces are strictly limited to forty diners, so early booking is advised.
Cheques for £18 should be made payable to ‘bantamspast’ and sent to:
PO Box 307
Special rates are available for any diners who may wish to stay at the hotel:
£65 single bed and breakfast, £75 double bed and breakfast
Please contact the hotel direct to make a booking on 01274 735735